‘Nametake’ Enoki is a very popular Enoki dish. This is a very similar dish that has same texture as ‘Nametake’. I used Ponzu for seasoning. If you don’t have a bottle of Ponzu, don’t worry. This recipe includes a Super Easy Ponzu recipe as well.
300g Enoki Mushrooms
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
3 tablespoons Ponzu *plus extra
Ground Chilli OR Chilli Flakes *optional
Super Easy Ponzu
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1/8 teaspoon Dashi Powder *I used Kombu (Kelp) Dashi Powder
- If you make ‘Super Easy Ponzu’, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut off the brown bottom of Enoki Mushrooms and clean them. Cut into 3 to 4cm length pieces.
- Place Sasame Oil and Enoki pieces in a large saucepan, add Chilli (*optional) and 3 tablespoons Ponzu, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. *Note: You may wish to add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Sugar for sweeter flavour.
- Cook until Enoki is softened, remove from the heat, and allow to cool. When Enoki is cooled, the flavour should be developed. Add extra Ponzu if required to suit your taste.
- Store in a clean container. Ponzu Enoki can refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply