This cake is basically Yoghurt & Milk Jelly. I set it in a cake tin on the Sweet Biscuit Base just like Cheesecake. I didn’t use Cream because I wanted to make this cake very light and low in calories. I recommend to enjoy it with fresh fruit or not-so-sweet berry sauce. Today I enjoyed it with Blueberry Sauce that is easy to make. You may prefer ‘No-Bake Yoghurt Cheesecake’ that is made with Cream Cheese and Thickened Cream, not so low-calorie but yummy for sure.
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
100g Sweet Biscuits *made into fine crumbles
*Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits might need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Milk.
1 tablespoon Gelatine Powder
3-4 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2 cups (500ml) Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
- For the base, mix finely crumbled Biscuits and melted Butter until moist crumbs. If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons Milk.
- Line the base (and sides) of 18cm OR similar size round springform cake tin with baking paper, place the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base. Leave it in the fridge while you are preparing the filling.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place Milk in a saucepan, bring close to the boil, then remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine and mix well until dissolved completely. Add Sugar and mix well.
- Whisk in Yoghurt and combine until smooth. Pour into the prepared cake tin over the biscuit base. Leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours OR until firmly set.
- Gently run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the tin to release the sides of the cake, then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with Fresh Fruit OR Sauce such as Strawberry Sauce OR Blueberry Sauce. You may wish to decorate the cake with Fruit.
Leave a Reply