Strawberry Bavarois is a creamy jelly desert. This is my super-easy method. If you wish to mould it, you might need extra gelatine. This is a soft jelly, so let it set in glasses. See my healthy ‘Strawberry & Yoghurt Jelly’ recipe as well.
4 to 6 Servings
6 sheets (10g) Gelatine Leaves *OR 3 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Sugar *1/2 cup for sweeter flavour
1 punnet (250 to 300g) Strawberries (Fresh or Frozen)
1 cup Cream *whipped
Extra Strawberries for topping
Strawberry Sauce *optional
- Soak Gelatine Leaves in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes. *Note: If you use Gelatine Powder, sprinkle over 2-3 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Warm Milk and Sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat, but do not boil. Squeeze Gelatine Leaves slightly to remove excess water, then add to Milk. When Gelatine is melted, remove from heat.
- Wash and hull Strawberries. Using food processor or blender, process Strawberries into smooth puree.
- Add Strawberry puree to Milk and mix well using a whisk. Cool in fridge until the mixture starts thickening.
- When the mixture is cool and started thickening, add whipped Cream and mix well. Pour the mixture into serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Serve with topping of fresh Strawberries and/or Strawberry Sauce. *Note: Find how to make Strawberry Sauce here.
Leave a Reply