This is the ‘Tiramisu’ recipe that I have been using for decades. It’s super easy and delicious. I have tried quite a few ‘Tiramisu’ at different restaurants including quite pricy ones, but I like my ‘Tiramisu’ the best honestly. My family and friends love this dessert. If you like ‘Tiramisu’, why don’t you try to make it by yourself?
8 to 10 Servings
Savoiardi (*Sponge Fingers) 1 large packet *about 500g
Espresso or Strong Coffee 2 cups
Marsala Wine 1/4 cup *OR your favourite liquor such as rum or brandy
Cocoa Powder 2 tablespoons
Ground Coffee 1 tablespoon
Egg Whites 3
Egg Yolks 3
Caster Sugar 1/3 cup *do not add it yet…
- Make 2 cups of Espresso or strong coffee. It can be 2 cups hot water mixed with 4 tablespoons instant coffee. Add Marsala and mix. If you use stronger liquor, 2 tablespoons would be enough.
Note: You probably don’t need 2 cups coffee, but I found 1 cup is definitely not enough.
- For the filling, prepare three bowls. Place Egg Whites in Bowl 1, Cream in Bowl 2, and Egg Yolks in Bowl 3.
- Bowl 1: Using the electric beaters, beat Egg Whites until stiff peaks form.
- Bowl 2: Using the same electric beaters, whip Cream. Do not worry some Egg White gets in the cream as you will mix everything together later.
- Bowl 3: Add the Caster Sugar to the Egg Yolks, and beat using the same electric beaters until pale and thick. Add the Mascarpone and mix well.
- To the Egg Yolks and Mascarpone mixture in Bowl 3, add the whipped Cream and mix gently to combine well. Then add the Egg Whites and gently fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Now you can assemble ‘Tiramisu’.
- Dip the Sponge Fingers very quickly into the coffee and line them in one layer in a large dish. You can break some to fit them in. Spoon half of the filling over the Sponge Fingers and smooth the surface.
- Repeat for the second layer with the coffee-dipped Sponge Fingers and the rest of the filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 hours.
- Right before serving, dust the top generously with Cocoa Powder mixed with Ground Coffee.